April 13, 2008

Priceless in Blue

I promised a card using one of our new stamp sets, and here it is! This was one of the cards I demonstrated at workshops last week, using lots of our beautiful new releases. I apologise for the poor photo - I had to keep the blue tinge so the colours would be as true to life as possible!
Here's the step by step:

  • The Butterfly was stamped using the Rock and Roll technique. This is a really simple one, but I'll try and get a tutorial up this week so you can see it in photos. All you have to do is ink your image in a light colour, here I've used one of our gorgeous new In Color releases - Soft Sky. Then simply move your image in a circular motion around a darker inkpad, here I've used Blue Bayou, trying to only get ink on the outer edges of your image. Try it - you'll see why it's called Rock and Roll!
  • I stamped the butterfly again using the same technique onto a piece of scrap card then carefully cut it out.
  • I then stamped the smaller swirl image behind the butterfly as a trail. Part of this stamp is dotted, so I pierced the dots for added interest.
  • The sentiment is stamped in Blue Bayou - aren't this years new colours gorgeous?!
  • I used the new Photo Corner Punch to make the corner piece with some of our new textured cardstock. This comes in packs of 24 12x12 sheets for $25.95, so it's a great deal. Before layering the corner together with dimensionals cut in half, I added three silver brads.
  • The flower in the bottom right corner is from the amazing Pretties Kit. All the flowers are white, and are so easily coloured using almost all the colouring tools Stampin' Up! offer. Here I've just lightly sponged the flower with Soft Sky ink, then used a mini glue dot to attach a half pearl center.
  • The second butterfly was attached with a mini glue dot and the wings were slightly curled.
  • The card was layered together using SNAIL adhesive. The total card size is 4"x4" - it fits into a regular sized envelope for cheaper postage.

I hope you like this one, I just adore these colours together and this stamp set is fantastic to work with. The images are so versatile!

Happy Stampin'
Sarah

Stampin' Supplies:
Priceless Stamp Set.
Soft Sky and Blue Bayou textured card stock. Whisper White card stock.
Blue Bayou and Soft Sky inkpads.
Photo Corner Punch.
Silver Brads.
Handheld 1/16" Punch.
Pretties Kit.
Stampin' Sponge.
Stampin' Dimensionals.
SNAIL Adhesive.
Mini Glue Dots.
All Supplies available from Stampin' Up!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, and talented. Love these colors, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!