April 10, 2008

Touch of Nature


  • Touch of Nature is one of my favourite sets, it was in our last catalogue and I'm so glad to see it in the new one also.

    This is a card I made a few weeks ago, I was inspired by all those beautiful Autumn colours. Here's the step by step:

    • The Butterfly image was repeatedly stamped with Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust and Ruby Red ink onto watercolour paper. The whole piece of paper was then sprayed with a generous amount of water to make the images run. If you don't have a spray bottle, try wetting the paper with a damp cloth before stamping.
    • I dripped a combined mixture of reinker (I used the retired Cranberry Crisp, Ruby Red would be a great substitute) and water onto the card randomly, then sponged the edges with Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust ink.
    • The image panel was layered with Really Rust and Basic Black card stock, and I added Black Brads in all four corners. I tied a piece of Ivory Organdy around the card - this has since retired, but I'd recommend our beautiful new taffeta ribbon as a substitute.
    • The sentiment was stamped with Really Rust onto Very Vanilla. I used the corner rounder punch to finish off just two of the corners, doing the same for all the layers. This panel is popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals.
    • The branch image was stamped in Basic Black onto the Really Rust layer, before sponging the edges and layering with Basic Black.
    • For the cut-out butterfly, I inked my stamp with Versamark, then heat embossed the image with Black embossing Powder. I carefully cut it out and attached with Mini Glue Dots.

    If you haven't tried sponging the edges of your projects before, I'd highly recommend it. It creates a depth of colour on your card that never fails to impress!

    Happy Stampin'
    Sarah

    Stampin' Supplies:

    Touch of Nature stamp set.
    Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Versamark and Basic Black ink.
    Really Rust, Very Vanilla and Basic Black card stock.
    Heat Tool.
    Black Embossing Powder.
    Black Brads.
    Handheld 1/16" Punch.
    SNAIL Adhesive.
    Mini Glue Dots.
    Corner Rounder Punch.
    Stampin' Sponges.

    All supplies available from Stampin' Up!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card.
    Nice to see you on the NZSU site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to have a go at sponging. But never get arounf to doing. Must give it a try this weekend. Love the card. I have left an award on my blog for you. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations.
    Carole X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning, another one I have to add to my Case list. Just beautiful.
    Trudi

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!