July 28, 2008

Sweet Simplicity

Tonight I wanted to bring you a card using the other stamp set in our UStamp class kit - Sweet Serendipity. This is a lovely set, filled with sentiments and three small images.

The smaller stamps in our collections are often the hardest to use, but creating a repeating pattern with them is a fun and fast way to create a "wow" effect!

Here I've stamped one of the images from Sweet Serendipity in rows, using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure perfect placement. Keeping it simple (and avoiding cleaning my stamp each impression) I've only used one ink colour - Chocolate Chip. For the lighter colour you simply ink your stamp, then stamp off onto scrap paper once before stamping the image. Simple and effective!

To border the pattern at the top I've created a score line using my paper trimmer and bone folder. To create interest in the sentiment, I've inked it up, stamped off once, then gone over the smaller font with a Chocolate Chip marker. Add three Antique Brass brads and some GORGEOUS Chocolate Chip satin ribbon (you need this in your ribbon collection!) and you have a simply sweet card.

Hint: If you don't like your brad "legs" to show on the inside of your card when using only one layer of card stock, you can cut off the legs using scissors and stick them on using mini glue dots!

Have a wonderful week,



Stampin Supplies:
Stamp Set: Sweet Serendipity
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Card stock: Very Vanilla
Punches: 1/16" Handheld
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Satin ribbon, Antique Brass brads, Chocolate Chip marker, Stamp-a-ma-jig.
All supplies available from Stampin' Up!

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I wouldn't have thought to create my own patterned paper tht way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Sarah, just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful as I thought it was some designer paper at first! Kheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sarah - this is lovely. Really really wishing I had ordered THIS set now! The list goes on and on huh?!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!