January 18, 2010

Just Because...

Here's the card I made this morning for Mojo Monday 121. Once the fog lifted this morning, the sun came out - so the first thing I pulled for this card was the Summer Sun paper from the Good Morning Sunshine pack - fitting, no? The other colours are Rose Red, Bashful Blue and Old Olive.
I used the Forest Friends stamp set from the last mini catalogue. To get the shading on the tree, I inked the leaves using an Old Olive marker - stamped off onto scrap paper once, then brushed the tips of the marker over the leaves again before inking the trunk in Chocolate Chip and stamping onto Whisper White.

I wanted a slightly different bow today, so after tying a flat knot, I simply folded the edges of the ribbon under and adhered with a mini glue dot. Easy peasy!

The sentiment from the Best Yet hostess set (one of my most used sets lately) was stamped in white craft ink, then embossed in white. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure the placement was correct.

Hope the sun was shining for you today,


Supplies available from Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah - this is sooo cute!!! Love the fun colors!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!