February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you're having a wonderful day with your significant other, or if you're single, I think today is the day to treat yourself to something special!

Instead of cards this year, Shanan and I (ok, well, it was my idea - but he played along!) decided to alter a couple of those cute clear paint cans - and fill them with our favourite chocolates. That means.....yup....he had to play with my craft supplies! So for the first time ever, we're having a guest designer here at thINKingstamps!

This is the tin I decorated for him. Tell me that monkey isn't just the cutest thing ever?! The stamps on my tin are from Gina K's Just So Hippy set. The papers are SU's Candy Lane.

One of my favourite things at the moment is the new 1 3/4" circle punch. I LOVE that it fits our large aluminum tag perfectly. I'm also oh so in love with the wide Pink Pirouette ribbon, omgosh does it tie beautifully.

I used the Circle Scissors Plus to cut the circles for the lid. I LOVE this tool (I know I'm saying love a lot...but it's the day for it after all). I have other circle cutting systems, but it's so quick and easy to get a circle any size you want.

I coloured my flirty ape with ink pads and watercolour paper. The ape and balloon are stuck on with dimensionals, and if you click the photo for the extra large view you'll see I pierced a couple of holes to poke the linen thread through, so she could hold the balloon.

The sentiment was stamped with my Stamp-a-ma-jig (it's a long sentiment, stamped in two parts to change the layout) and cut out with the large oval punch then matted on a Riding Hood Red scalloped oval.

So....onto Shanan's tin....

Isn't it cute?!? I gave him free reign of my craft room - which was understandably a little overwhelming! (if you've ever seen it, you'll know why) I think he's done great. Sticking to Stampin' Up! products he couldn't go wrong, it makes coordinating your project a breeze.

He's used Bella Rose paper, Riding Hood Red ribbon, a Playground Button and one of my favourite sets, Riveting. He also used the Circle Scissors plus for the lid circle.

Perhaps my favourite part of the tin he decorated is the bow. He didn't want to tie it - so went the ingenious kiwi male route and used Snail adhesive to stick it all together. I LOVE that he put the button on the bow - when he told me he thought "it's weird to put a button on a bow" I had to explain just how on point trend wise he is!

That's it from me today, I have a traditional English beef roast to prepare for our special Valentine's dinner. Tomorrow I'll share my other Valentine's project, it's such a great occasion for crafting! I also have a BUNCH of projects I've made this past week to share along with the relaunch of Beautiful Bundles!

Have a wonderful day,


Some supplies available from Stampin' Up! Email me for purchasing details.

It's time to Sale-A-Brate! Earn your free stamp set today!

4 comments:

  1. That's so cute ... love what your guest designer came up with ... how clever is he! OMGosh to be let loose in your craft room ... wow! Hope the beef roast was super yum. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous Sarah! Wow, what a guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK ... so what is your secret??? I just can't imagine getting my DH anywhere near my stamps!!! But ... he did a FAB job! Could smell the roast from here ... drooling!!! Love your cute tin, too, Sarah! And ... thanks for the hint that the new circle punch is the perfect size for our metal tags. Might just have to get them out and dust them off now!!! :D Hugs, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are just the cutest! Love your little monkey tin. And Shannan did a fabulous job on his - you can tell he's artistic! Mark gets a deer in headlights look in his eyes every time I hint that he could MAKE me a card instead of buying one! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!