March 27, 2010

An Oldie but a Goodie...

Hi everyone, I hope your weekend is going well so far. Shan and I spent our Saturday in the craft room (I was stamping, Shan on the laptop) while we listened to The Gunslinger (Stephen King) audio book. I've read & loved the Dark Tower series, it's tied for my favourite series of all time - but listening to it in audio book format is delightful, it makes stamping time even more relaxing!

I'm finishing off my Easter cards, and decided to pull out an older set - Petal Prints. I don't sell my retired sets, I never buy a set I don't love so keep them all - and it's so much fun to dust off a set and have it feel new again!

I made this card for my Nana. I used the last of Silke's great challenges at OCC - This was a really fun sketch to work with, perfect for the set I wanted to use. It's probably only just visible if you enlarge the photo - but the background layer is all sparkly from Pearl Glimmermist and the flowers have a bit of shine courtesy of a glitter pen.

Super simple inside for this one - just a shadowy repetition of the flower image - I stamped off (ink, stamp onto scrap paper then on your project) once to get this effect.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


Stamps: Petal Prints, Occasional Greetings
Paper & Card: Regal Rose, Whisper White & Certainly Celery Card
Spring Fling Designer Paper
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Sage Shadow & So Saffron
Punches: Small Corner Rounder & Slit Punches
Other: Pink Pirouette & Regal Rose Grosgrain, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals
E-mail me to purchase.

Other: Pearls - Kaisercraft, Petal Pink Liquid Pearls, Pearl Glimmermist
Glitter Marker - American Crafts

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the colors you used. Very spring-y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you did a stellar job with this week's sketch!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us on the OCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - your nana is gonna love this GORGEOUS card!!! It's perfect inside and out!!!

    Thank you for joining me in my last challenge!!! Big hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the froggy card two posts down, I can see a very happy brother loving that card. The card for your nana is beautiful. I am starting to fall in love with razzle dazzle lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet, Sarah. I'm sure your nana will be tickeled pink! Such pretty Easter colours! Love the pastels! Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!