April 14, 2010

Pendant Park

Hi everyone - I guess I WAS in the mood to whip something up quickly after all! One of my favourite sets in the new Autumn Mini is this simply gorgeous Pendant Park. I knew I'd want it for the park bench image alone - my Dad calls me squirrel, so I couldn't resist! This set is just as much fun to play with as I thought it would be and it makes for a GREAT masculine card!

The colour combo I whipped up for this one is Soft Suede (my first time playing with it and I'm in love already!) Bashful Blue and Old Olive. I've used the SCS SC276 sketch. I found the perfect paper in a REALLY old DP pack - Holiday Thyme. This was the first double sided SU! paper I bought, I still love it. The Old Olive DP is from the new Cottage Garden pack.

I think pleating is the perfect way to add ribbon to a more masculine card - it really finished this one off.

Here's a shot of how I finished that tree panel. I know it looks labor intensive, but when you do as much cutting as I do, you get pretty speedy with the paper snips!

No photo of the inside yet as it's not finished - I was losing the light and had to get this photographed. I hope you love this set as much as I do!


Stamps: Pendant Park
Paper & Card: Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Very Vanilla & Soft Suede card
Holiday Thyme, Cottage Garden
DP
Ink: Bashful Blue, Old Olive & Soft Suede
Punches: 1/4" Circle, Wide Oval, Small Corner Rounder punches
Big Shot: Lots of Tags die
Other: Soft Suede Ribbon, Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers, Antique Brass brads
E-mail me to purchase.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see your take on this stamp set. Like what I see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sarah! Love the colour combo and your take on the sketch is just fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely, Sarah! Didn't get this stamp ... but can see some gorgeous potential now that you have created something with it! TFS Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!