April 9, 2010

Yum Book!

Good morning! It's nice and early here in NZ, the sun is shining, it's going to be a lovely day. Before I get stuck into something creative I thought I'd share a project I whipped up as part of Shanan's anniversary present - I'm calling it a "Yum Book"!

It's SO hard to craft presents for guys sometimes. This is a quick and simple way to make something a little goofy but fun for the man in your life. WARNING - this post is predicated on both you liking to cook for hubby, and him liking your cooking *wink*

I printed off a bunch of coupons I made in Microsoft Publisher. I think there is 16 total. Shanan loves brunch in the weekends and baking anytime - so I've included all his favs. Rather than stamping the coupons (I said this was a quick project) I decorated them very simply with a little piece of Urban Garden DP in the margin. The coupons are perforated using the little tool on the Cutter Kit.

I've used the Crop-a-Dile to punch holes through the coupons and cover and put it all together with a couple of rings. I've used more Urban Garden DP, crimping some with my underused but loved Crimper. I used the Wild West Alphabet to stamp the sentiment. The stamping on the medallion is a stamp from the Wanted set.

Shanan loved this! There are SO many things you could do with a gift like this. It's school holidays here in NZ at the moment, and this would be perfect for outings or activities to do with kids.


Stamps: Wanted, Wild West Alphabet
Paper & Card: Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss & Whisper White Card
Urban Garden DP
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy
Punches: Scallop Circle, Small Star & 1" Circle Punch
Other: Hemp Twine, Old Olive Brad, Crimper, Dimensionals, Crop-a-Dile
E-mail me to purchase.

5 comments:

  1. great project/gift Sarah. Love the card in the post below. I do think I will add that set to my wishlist. The more I see you use it the more I want it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cool idea,and a lot of fun to give and recieve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your Shanan really does have a treasure in you! I hope he appreciates it! What a gorgeous idea ... bookmarking for a class idea! TFS, Sarah! Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you the sweetest :) !?!? What a super cool idea...love your creativity on this one!!! The coupons and the book are gorgeous!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. Love how you've created the book.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!