August 7, 2010

Emboss it!












Happy Saturday! Today the OCC challenge is one we can all have fun with - embossing! Be it dry, heat, or resist, add some embossing to your project. Heat embossing is one of those techniques that hook a lot of people into stamping, I was no exception - and dry embossing with a die cutting machine is just a staple for most of us these days. I know it hooked me on my Cuttlebug!

This a card I made a few months ago and never got around to sharing. One of my favourite embossing tricks is to cut a shape then emboss it, I've done that on the oval and jumbo scallop strip here. Then I've rubbed over the raised portions with an ink laden sponge dauber for a little contrast.

That adorable wee girl was coloured with ink pads on watercolour paper, her dress is paper pieced.
 I used squares of that gorgeous Basic Grey paper to finish off the inside - I just couldn't bear to throw out the scraps!

Head on over to the OCC blog to see the beautiful and varied creations by our wonderful design team this week!




Paper & Card: Regal Rose, Basic Black
Ink:
Various for watercolouring
Punches:
Circle & Square Punches
Other:
Certainly Celery Ribbon, Aquapainter, Dimensionals

Stamps: PI An Apple for You - MFT
Paper & Card:
Euphoria - Basic Grey
Other: Jumbo Scallop Die-namic - MFT, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Rhinestones

8 comments:

  1. Wow what a wonderful card. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Sarah! Embossing is one of my favorite techniques too! Your card is just charming and I do love those BG papers!

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, this is adorable. Love the die cuts run through the embossing folder. Love these colors together too! Great job! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! Your little Pure Innocence girl looks very dressed up in her paper pieced dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah this is ADORABLE! I LOVE everything about it, just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just as sweet as can be! Love the black outline of everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah! I am so behind with my blog hopping ... but have just sorted all my blog email subs ... and reorganised my favourite blogs ... so hopefully the new system will be more efficient! This is soooooooo sweet ... and I love the idea of embossing "shaped" items! Must give it ago! Hugs Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!