August 28, 2010

I Knead You....












You know what Saturday means around here - another great OCC Challenge! This week Wendy has challenged us to use these colours in our creations. I can't wait to get my hands on Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso - but for now Chocolate Chip and Riding Hood Red were great subs!

I spent awhile on this one, paper piecing every part of that cuteeeee image. The bowl and measuring cup were shaded with watercolour crayon in Bashful Blue and covered in a layer of Crystal Effects. I don't like the CE to be too smooth for this kind of application - a little texture looks great, so I apply it with a rubber brush.

The awesome layout comes from the ever talented Mercy!
For my interior sentiment, I only inked part of the word kneaded and added a couple of words from another set. This is a great way to get more out of any sentiment stamps.

I hope you'll play along with our wonderful design team this week - you can't go wrong with these colours!



Paper & Card: Spring Flowers DP, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red
Ink:
Old Olive, Riding Hood Red
Punches:
Handheld Circle, Square Punch, Scalloped Circle
Other:
Ruby Red Button, Crystal Effects, Hemp Twine

Stamps: Lovin' from the Oven, Clearly Sentimental about Food - MFT Stamps
Paper & Card:
Offbeat - Basic Grey
Punches:
Apron Lace - Fiskars
Other: American Crafts Ribbon, Floral Screen Embossing Folder - Provocraft

10 comments:

  1. This is a really fun card. I love the images used and the colours really work great with it... Beautiful and fun! I love it, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work on this week's challenge, Sarah! Terrific combination of colors, patterns and textures. I love the paper piecing - it really makes a perfect finishing touch for the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, this is stunning. I love the textures and patterns you used. You used the colors in a perfect way! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Sarah! The paper piecing is totally worth the effort. I love how you used the colors and your sentiment stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweet Sarah!!! Your post just popped up on my screen and I figured I better hop on over here to say *hi* :)!!! Your card is awesome...perfect take on all these colors!!!

    Have a fabulous weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is wonderful!!! I LOVE all the paper piercing,what a FUN card!!!! Another beauty Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You rocked Mercy's sketch this week and I can see why she chose your card as one of the TOP PICKS! I just ♥ it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lotsa fun in this one ... love all that paper piecing! I want to try that at stamp club sometime! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!