August 31, 2010

View Master Card












Good evening crafty chickies! I have a fun post for you today - this weeks challenge at Project Tuesday is to create a View Master Card! There are lots of ways to make these, you can find a couple of tutorials here and here. I kinda just made mine up as I went along, once you understand the basic technique you can pretty much wing it.



Friends of ours have just announced an imminent arrival, so I thought it would be cute to use the window for the "baby" sentiment, in a few different colours - including a pink and a blue of course. 

I stamped the sentiment from Lovely Labels on a circlular piece of Whisper White card four times - using Old Olive, Rose Red, Rich Razzleberry and Baja Breeze ink.

The window was punches with the 1 1/4" circle punch.

There's a brad hiding under the leaf of the Rose Red flower - this is what allows the sentiment to spin.

The entire square layer is popped up on a double layer of dimensionals just to give the wheel a little more room to move.

I hope you'll give this fun card a spin (I know, I know - bad pun!) I wasn't sure I'd like the results, but love how it turned out.

Head on over to see what the Project Tuesday team came up with this week!





Stamps: True Friend, Lovely Labels
Paper & Card: Spring Flowers & Old Olive DP. Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Old Olive & So Saffron Card.
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Rose Red & Baja Breeze
Punches: Circle Punches, Wide Oval, Handheld, Lg Corner Rounder
Other: Old Olive Ribbon, So Saffron Brads, Circle Scissors Plus

Other: Jumbo Scallop Die-namics - MFT Stamps.

9 comments:

  1. This is stunning - lucky friends - it's such a happy card for such a happy occasion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet and bright card ... not the usual pastels ... but still perfect for the little bundles of joy. Very pretty, Sarah! Hugs Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card...love it!!!! Congrats to your friends!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and vibrant! Congrats to your friends on their upcoming addition. They'll love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute way to congratulate your friends. I will have to give this card a "spin" one of these days myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such happy cards! congrats to the friends

    ReplyDelete
  7. girl this is so pretty and your friends are sure to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah yours turned out so pretty! Love everything about it - what a nice occasion to have to give a pretty card like this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a master piece as always

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!