April 9, 2011

OCC - Afternoon Tea

Happy Saturday! It's time for another Our Creative Corner challenge - and this week Sharon wants to see creations using the theme "Afternoon Tea". I'm sharing the Marie Antoinette themed afternoon tea party invites I made for my friend Janine's birthday. You've already seen the cake I made in this post here.
This is the inspiration photo Janine gave me....and here's the card...
I took the colours, the top note shape, pearls, flourishes, doily accents and the bling and incorporated them into the card. It took awhile....but it's so nice to see a pile of matching cards at the end of a long crafting session!
I hope you'll join us this week at OCC - I can't wait to see your creations. Be sure to leave the design team some love too!

7 comments:

  1. soooo beautiful, Sarah! looove the colors and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! I love that stamp, never have seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card - I just love it! The colors are fabulous and I love the Marie Antoinette image! Between the invitations and the cake, your friend had an incredible party! Just gorgeous work.

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. These invites are gorgeous Sarah!! So love the colors you used and the shape of the card!! perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that post was all sorts of deliciousness....makes me want another tea party.....but without all the work lol. You did an amazing job on the cake and cards...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty! At first the colour caught me off guard being so bright but it so suits the queen image! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- I've loved this since I saw it posted on the DT blog! I can see how much work went into it, but it totally paid off! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!