May 25, 2012

Family


Today I wanted to share with you a project I had published in NZ Paper Chase last year. Generally, I stick to card making, but for this project I broke out my Die-namics and created a home decor 12x12 layout.


I had fun going through my supplies and gathering up a bunch of different items that would work well together.  The sentiment is from Clearly Sentimental about Family and the panel was heavily sponged with distress ink.

The text paper is from SU! and the other papers are from the Lost and Found Two collection in Sunshine.

I hand dyed the seam binding ribbon, and also the High Tea Party Doily layer with Distress inks by misting with water and applying the ink pad directly before scrunching and drying. I've used some of my all time fave Die-namics on this project, including the Rosette, Faux Crochet Border and Fancy Flourish.

It might be hard to tell from the photo, but the base layer was spritzed with Gold Glimmermist. Various hardware from my stash finished off the layout.

I hope to find time to make more projects like this - I might have time when our boy starts pre-school, right?!

Here are the Die-namics I've used today:

 
Thanks for stopping by!  

6 comments:

  1. Oh my word, Sarah! This is GORGEOUS girl. WOW!!! Love all your elements you added!!! Congrats on the publication too!!! I can see why they chose it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are da bomb, Sarah! This is SO gorgeous and elegant and vintage and...you get my drift!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS...that's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - This is so beautiful! Love that sentiment and how you paired it with such beautiful products! A gorgeous design!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHUT UP!! This is gorgeous GF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! This is beautiful and deserves a place displayed in your home, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!