August 30, 2012

WSC 87 - #1 Dad!


Hi, thanks for stopping by! This week's WSC sketch is a really fun one! I loved all the layers. Sunday is Father's Day here in New Zealand, and given it's Shanan's first as a Dad, I had to make him a special card on behalf of our gorgeous little monkey. Also on Sunday, Jackson will be three months old, where has the time gone?! Monday will be my 30th birthday, so we have a fun long weekend planned! (Fun for new parents means a couple of extra hours of sleep in case you were wondering!)

I stuck pretty close to the sketch this week, combining the tab and flower element into one shape - I used a funky arrow from the Lead the Way Die-namics (links at the end of this post).


I've used stamps from the Masculine Tee set for this card - love that funky moustache image! I also broke out my Seeing Spots embossing folder for the first time in ages....remember when embossing was just the height of cool for cardmakers?! I must show my neglected folders some love. The cardstock has photographed quite dark, that's the awesome Hot Fudge from MFT!


Inside my card I used up the scraps of paper left over.

Here are the awesome products I've used, as always, you can click for more details:




Be sure to check out Kim's blog for all the designers playing along this week - you won't want to miss their gorgeous creations!

To play along with WSC, create a card with the provided sketch and upload it to SCS using the keyword MFTWSC87. A new sketch will be posted each Wednesday on the MFT blog and also in the forum. Each week one random winner will win a $15 voucher to spend at MFT, and if you use MFT stamps on your creation, you'll get a $5 bonus taking your voucher win up to $20! We'll be chatting each week on the sketch thread, so come join us in the MFT forum!

And just because....here's a recent pic of the almost three-month-old himself! He was definitely giving his Mama a little attitude in this one!


 

4 comments:

  1. Love your card. Great desing and colors. What a sweet photo of the little one. He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable baby and awesome card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Father's Day card, but can we talk about how cute the baby is!! What a cutie !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great the card, got to work out a way to incorporate my 4 year olds work into our cards!
    Loving those big brown eyes :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!