December 18, 2012

MFT Creative Challenge - Background Building



The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique.
 

This month, we were challenged to do some background building using our MFT Stamps and Die-namics.  Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today. 


I have two cards to share with you today. I've used Die-namics to create a faux embossed effect for my backgrounds.


I've cut the new Winter Rose from Whip Cream cardstock and layered it on a Whip Cream base. From a distance, the background looks embossed! The stamps for this card are from the Lovey Dovey Sentiments set, currently available free when you spend $60!


This is a great way to use up card scraps and get extra benefit from your Die-namics collection.


I've also used Darling Dots on the lower third of my backgound layer. It's mostly covered up, but I've also used the medium size of the Triple Scallop Border. The stamping is done in Pink Petunia Versamark ink.


Inside this card I've stamped the dots again and used offcuts of some of the Die-namics to add in a little more faux embossing.


For my second card, I've used the same technique to create a clean and simple card.


The trick to making the faux embossing look great is to go off the edges of your card, then trim for a random look.

After stamping my sentiment on a Fishtail Flag STAX I used a bone folder to break up the paper fibres and make the banner soft and pliable.


I used the same sentiment treatment on the inside of the card and added a couple of extra flowers.

Here are all the fab MFT products I've used today:





 

9 comments:

  1. I love the flower background what a fantastic idea and the colours are so beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the white Winter Rose background, that's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really, really pretty! love this technique, it is lovely with those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with this design. I would NEVER thought of it. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty! I love the embossed look. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, what adhesive did you use? Xyron? liquid? This look is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea to layer those white flowers as a background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning, they are all so beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!