January 22, 2014

One Layer Birthday


Hi friends, I'm popping in with a back to basics one layer card for a pretty princess on her first birthday!


Often I find myself caught up with the latest gadgets, and needing a reminder of why I love this craft in the first place - the simple joy of lifting a stamp and seeing that magical image transferred to paper! I have a one layer card today using, count 'em - 1,2,3,4 Fresh Squeezed Stamp sets! Don't they work so well together?

I had a vision of pink birthday balloons floating over a city. I stamped in three shades of pink ink - the skyline from On Trend 2013, balloons from Life of the Party, little hearts (to match the heart window in the skyline - have you ever noticed that?) from When Hearts Collide and sentiment from Take a Number.

I think this could easily be turned into a sweet Valentine's card by switching to a sentiment from When Hearts Collide!

3 comments:

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!