July 1, 2014

Mini Book for Dad!


Hi friends! I thought I'd stop in and share a mini book I made for hubby's birthday this past week. 


I've used a bunch of things from my stash, but the basis for the book came from some i {heart} papers goodies - the Fact paper from Basic Grey and the Childhood Wellington Project Life kit


Here's a peek at some of the pages. I like to add interactive elements, pockets and pull out elements to my books. I think they look the best when they're well loved and a little dog eared!



The glassine pocket holds a little letter.
Jackson loves tags! 

One of Shanan's adorable nicknames for Jackson

It's hard to tell, but the wooden geotag has a map of our favourite beach under the glaze. Steiny is another nickname - we're big on nicknames in this house!

Jackson LOVES books - this makes me so happy!

A few mini photos from Jackson's birthday this month

We have a song about wrapping Jackson up like a burrito when he goes to bed...yup, we're goofballs! And yes, he always sleeps with his head in the corner of the cot like that - always has, if we move him, he scoots right back!

Envelope cut down, punched the notch and filled with a journalling card with some of Jackson's new fave phrases and additional photos.



Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah what a precious gift to be giving hubby. I so smiled at the little burrito what a special memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love this….it sickens me that you only have one comment on this post (Thanks Lyn, for not being a wanker)…..your readers should be ashamed that they'd pass this one by!! lol ;) I think this is an amazing and heartfelt gift that will be treasured for years to come! Someday Jackson will be so thankful that you took the time to capture these special times!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wholly freakin' adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!